Get to Know You and Your Project
Initial Call and First Meeting
It's important to understand why you require a design builder or general contractor for your construction project. The best way to do this? Have a conversation! From our first call, we'll discuss initial needs and details of your project, but it's the in-person meeting that offers the most value. During this meeting, we'll capture the following:
- Size of building,
- Birdseye view of building and land parcel, and
- Your preferences and likes/dislikes.
Armed with this knowledge and a few more customized details based on your project, we'll prepare your proposal and begin developing your vision.
Developing Your Project's Possibilities
Building the Scope and Estimate
Creating a progressive solution for your project isn't just about putting numbers to paper. It's about understanding the full possibilities of where your business could go with the commercial or industrial space you're in. During this stage of working together, we focus on investing in you before you invest in us. Here, we develop the budget along with initial design specs. Within this, we:
- Adhere to standards for architectural drafting for an Alberta build,
- Include the building codes required, and
- Offer solutions and ideas for your building within the initial package
Once we agree on the proposal (adjustments are absolutely welcome), we develop the contract that follows the Canadian Construction Documents Committed (CCDC) contract guidelines, ensuring a fair and honest relationship between all parties involved.
Construction Begins on Your Future
The details of your process are determined by your project, however, a few "good to knows" as to who and what is involved with your project include:
- Project Manager: oversees entire project
- Project Coordinator/Superintendent: individual onsite every day
- Field engineer: onsite
- Various reputable and well-vetted trades
- Coordinate permits, trades
- Ensure clarity in roles, timelines, requirements, etc.
- Utilize ProCore Management software for transparency and communication
Along the way, you'll have scheduled updates and onsite visits, ensuring confidence in the building process while answering any questions you may have.
Before you know it, you'll receive the keys to your completed project. Of course, before you take over, we always do a final walkthrough, ensuring everything meets your expectations, including reviewing any warranty items.
Expectations met, keys handed over, you're ready to settle into your new space and continue growing your business's future!
Bring together your project with a well-developed process that's focused on service quality.