The latest construction projects depend on different CAM technologies to create ready-to-install modules. The benefits of the technology have been realized in Canada and across the world. Some of the tallest buildings in the world have been designed using the latest modular technology.
Role of Computer-Aided Designing & Manufacturing
Computer-aided Designing (CAD) and manufacturing plays a crucial role in different phases of a construction project. Learn about the different phases in such projects where this technology is helping make a huge difference.
1. Planning & Budgeting The first phase covers everything from planning to getting permits for the project. You will be evaluating the concepts and their feasibility. So when it comes to building a restaurant, the planning phase will involve much more than examining the need of the restaurant in the community and its location. It will also involve:
- Creating design concepts using computer-aided designing systems
- Teams of electrical, mechanical, and plumbing designers working together during the concept phase
- Budgeting, including setting emergency funds
- Evaluating environmental impact
- Ensuring optimal cost-effectiveness
- Saving time
- Minimizing all errors
- Minimizing alterations
- Minimizing the need for rework
The latest designing systems will pull all the key information from these different designing teams. The result will be a central database that optimizes the overall designing process.
3. Design Evaluation Phase This phase again brings all the different designers and stakeholders together, including the builders and clients. All the different professionals collaborate and communicate with each other to evaluate the design and determine if and where the changes are required. The goals addressed during this phase include:
- Collaborating to prevent any kind of errors in design
- Simplify the process of cost estimation?
- Make a smooth transition into the next phase – the construction stage
- Floor plans
- Site plan
- Materials and suppliers’ information
- Foundation plans
The latest computer-aided designing and manufacturing systems help in simplifying and speeding up the construction project. At the same time, the technology also helps in eliminating all room for errors. It helps create a system where there is no room for errors to creep in.