It makes the project easier to manage and control, allowing you to make proper adjustments as and when required. This guide introduces you to the key advantages of the design-build concept.
An Overview The key advantages of embracing the design-build process for any construction project are as following:
- It provides you higher degree of value engineering and allows better cost control.
- It enables dedicated and efficient construction project management.
- It improves communication, reduces additional steps or reworks, and increases savings.
- Builds project team relationships and helps save both time and money.
- It also helps in reducing pre-construction time by the reduction of bidding process time.
Improved Budget Management In this concept, budget planning and discussion takes place during the design stage. This helps in ensuring that your project remains within the original budget. Communication of the cost factors from an early stage helps owners in playing important role in controlling the project’s final cost. There is clear definition of project costs and it is within the control of the design-build company.
Save Time Another advantage of embracing the design-build concept is that it helps in having your construction project completed faster. It helps achieve this in a number of ways:
- There is reduction in bid time
- The project schedule can be started even before the finalizing of the design
- All potential problems can be discovered in the beginning
- There is improved communication that helps run all processes in a smooth manner
Better Quality Control Another advantage of embracing the design-build concept is that it helps improve overall quality control. It helps eliminate any confusion or misinformation that may exist with regard to specifications and materials. The builder, designers and engineers are all from the same company, thus the focus is on ensuring that client interests are always met.
Improved Communication Enhanced communication is another factor that gives this concept an edge. The owner and builder work with different designing professionals, all at the same time. This helps ensure that any potential problems are identified and addressed even before the construction project sets into motion.
In design-build construction, there is a strong focus on performance and efficiency. The design-build firm delivers the design and construction and helps in achieving the goals. So whether you have a commercial or residential project, make sure to embrace this concept.