1. Low Maintenance The low-maintenance form of pre-engineered metal building systems can further help increase your cost-savings. The latest technology ensures that these systems are longer lasting. There is minimal maintenance required in the long term, while the elegance and structural integrity of these units remains intact.
Some of the maintenance requirements include:
- Washing the eave gutters once in a year
- Periodic cleaning for the roof
2. Speed Time-saving is a big advantage with pre-engineered metal building systems. Structures can be fabricated and delivered to the site. The building can be erected fast because the different elements can be bolted at the site. The construction cycle can be months lesser than the traditional construction cycles. Some of the contributing reasons include:
- Clear and concise diagrams for construction
- The components are numbered
- Usually, these structures can be finished in almost half the time that conventional construction will require
4. Design Flexibility Pre-engineered metal building systems also provide lots of flexibility with design. You can customize and design the building without any complications to address your specific needs. The designs can be created to address different functional needs.
The level of flexibility doesn’t just stop with the new construction. You can also make changes or expansions in the future without much difficulty. This makes them ideal for commercial construction projects where businesses need to adjust to their growing needs. Whether it is the interior or exterior layout, these durable systems provide endless design flexibility. Some key design options include:
- Availability of flashing and trims for achieving different shapes
- Curved eaves and fascias can be used to enhance building’s looks
- Choose from different roof/wall sheeting
- Interface details between steel, block wall, glazing and other materials
Thus, there are many advantages of choosing pre-engineered metal building systems for your construction projects. You can choose whether only a part of the project or the entire construction project needs to be made using such systems. Look for a contractor that specializes in such construction options.